Site Meter

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Saying Goodbye



I've always had animals in my life. My earliest memories are of the family cat. There have been dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, a hermit crab, a calf and a horse. There were hamsters and white mice and lots of frogs, toads and turtles. Sharing our lives with animals is wonderful, but we all know that their lives are too short and that someday we must say goodbye. I've held too many faithful dogs in my arms as they took their last breaths and I know you have too.

Chan and I would like to honor all those pets on this blog. Starting December 27 and running thru December 30 we will post pictures and remembrances of all the pets that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge, the ones who have gone recently and the ones who went before.

Please join us. Send pictures, names and dates and whatever you would like to say about your pet to either Chan or me. My e-mail address is on the sidebar. On those four days we will have posts dedicated to remembering the pets who we have loved. If there is an animal that belonged to a friend or relative feel free to include them. The last week of the year seems like the perfect time to stop and think about those small lives who meant so much to us.

2 comments:

  1. I'll participate in this with my horse, Taco. Thanks for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sweet of ya'll to put this memorial project together. For those of us who've had big losses, it's very nice to remember our loved ones with others who understand.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter Site Meter